Walkarounds, History Tours
Air Base Heritage Walks 2022
A guided walk from Greenham Control Tower with an expert guide describing the military history of some of the key airbase installations.Buy Tickets
About the Event
The tour starts at the Control Tower and is about 3 miles and takes just over 2 hours. It includes visiting the following:
- WW2 Memorials – commemorates two accidents in December 1944
- Old runway – the original tarmac at the taxiway crossover point
- Area around 501st Tactical Missile Wing HQ
- Fire plane used for fire training
- Ground Launched Cruise Missile Alert and Maintenance Area (outside only)
- The Blue Gate of the Womens’ Peace Camp.
Please wear sensible clothing and footwear – the terrain is uneven in places. Also bring water, sun hat, rain wear etc. appropriate to the weather.
The cafe will be open after the walk for refreshments.
Walkers join at their own risk. Greenham Common Control Tower Limited take no responsibility for personal accidents or loss of property.
What to bring
Water, sun hat, rain wear
What to wear
Sensible clothing & footwear
Tickets (£5 + 80p booking fee) must be pre-booked.